Contact me by email
- B.A., Political Science, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 1960-64.
- M.A., California State University at Long Beach - Dance Education (1999-2001)
- In France and California, studied Ballet with Rosella Hightower, Jose Ferran, Arlette
Castinier, Gene Marinaccio, 1964-67.
- In France, studied modern Dance with; Yurico, Francoise Verdier, Cathleen De Epenoy,
Jean Jarrel, 1965-69.
- In France and California, studied Jazz with; Valerie Camille, Jonnne Stoyer, Taley Beaty,
Claude Thompson, Matt Mattox, 1967-1970.
- In California studied movement therapy related to dancers,1977-80.
- Los Angeles, California (1977-1983) -"Hands on" study of reeducation with stroke
Dance Career Activities (Foreign)
- Performed with Yves Montand on the stage of the Comedie Francaise - Paris 1965
- Jacques Brel live at the Olympia Theater - Paris 1996
- Master Classes in Movement for the blind and deaf.
- Choreographed TV series "Musique-Musique", & "Feu et Flamme" for French Television
- Choreographer of the Marseille Opera Ballet (1969-197l).
- Choreographed for The Cannes Casino (1972-1975).
- Choreographed and starred in the French TV series "L' Age en Fleur".
- Founded Movement Associations and taught in the following European cities; Paris,
Cannes, Lyon, Nice, Grenoble, Macon, Annecy, Marseilles, Valencia, Barcelona, Palma,
Brussels, Geneva, and Megeve.
- Consultant for the French Olympic Gymnastics and ice skating teams.
- Choreographed Major works for the French Modern dance company "Resonance" - 1986.
- Organized a cultural exchange between the Peoples Republic of China and The United
Dance Career Activities (USA)
- Lead role in; "Tobacco Road", "Time Out for Ginger", "The Happy Time", "Time of the
Cuckoo" - in Windham Playhouse, New Hampshire, 1954-55.
- Danced in the - NBC - Elvis Presley (l968) &. Lena Horne (l969) TV Special.
- Danced in the Universal Studios film "Sweet Charity".
- Choreographed the Metro Media "Sajid Khan" TV Special (1968).
- Choreographed the Glendale Music Theater productions of; "The Sound of Music",
"Oklahoma", "The Music Man" (1981-82).
- Choreographed the Multimedia "Kaleidoscope" stage show for the opening of the MGM
Grand Hotel in Las Vegas (1993)
Awards & Honors
- Was given the "Coquard de France" by the French Ministry of Education and Sports -
- Received the "Education Seal" from the University of Brussels, Belgium - 1975.
- Given the Medal of the City of Carcassone, France - 1980.
- Awarded the "Peace Medal" from the city of Tianjin, China -1988.
- Granted the "Distinguished faculty Award" for 1991 by The Academic Senate of Glendale
- Teacher of the year by The Associated Student Body Of Glendale College.
- The teacher of the Year by the Glendale Chamber of Commerce.
- Commendation by the County Of Los Angeles.
- Represented in WHO'S WHO IN ENTERTAINMENT.
- Represented in WHO'S WHO IN EDUCATION.
Career Activities in Education
- Associate Professor at Glendale Community College.
- Chairperson Glendale College Dance Department
- Co-Wrote the Dance Curriculum of Glendale Community College.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Disabled Students Center of Glendale College
- Member of the 1984 Olympic Committee for Special Events.
- Secretary and member of the Board of Directors of Video Prescriptions Inc.
- Co-wrote the humanities course "Kaleidoscope" for Glendale College.
- Developed a dance course for disabled students (Structural Reintegration through Dance Movement).
- Developed and administer an International Dance Masters Seminar each summer for
students of Glendale College in Megeve, France.
- Member of the Humanities Outreach Committee for the Glendale and Burbank school
- Artistic Director of the Glendale Repertory Dance Theater.
- Member of the Glendale College Arts Council Task Force.
- Past President of the Glendale College CFT Guild (Local 2276).
- Senator At Large for The Glendale College Academic Senate.
- Member of the Cultural Affairs Department Dance Grants Panel, for the City of Los
- President of the Glendale College Academic Senate - (1996 -1998)
- Vice President of the Glendale College Guild - (1999-2000)
- Member of the Board of "Jazz Dance L.A." - a non profit organization
- President of the Glendale College Guild - (2000 - 2004)
- Glendale College Staff Development Officer - (2004 - 2008)
- Dance Department Chairperson - (1994-2008)
- Emeritus Professor of Dance - (2009 - present)
back to top