Do you have a hard time staying motivated in classes? Would you like to improve the efficiency of your study skills? If you've answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then consider assessing your study skills with the Study Behavior Inventory available in the Career Center and learn the characteristics of a successful student.
No Appointment Is Necessary.
Open: Mon-Thurs: 8:15AM - 6:45PM & FRI: 8:15AM - 4:00PM
WHAT IS THE SBI?
The SBI is a computerized, forty-six item, diagnostic survey which consists of a list of statements accompanied by four possible responses reflecting habits and attitudes which may affect the use of study time and consequent success in school, work, and study.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF THE SBI?
- The SBI helps users identify their learning skills strengths and needs and develop a plan based on their personal profiles.
- The SBI targets eight areas related to student's academic performance and success:
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE SBI?
- The SBI is offered to students free of charge.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE SBI AND OBTAIN RESULTS?
- The instrument self-administers in fifteen minutes. The SBI then instantly analyzes student's responses and produces results in the form of percentile scores on the following factors:
- Short-term Study Behaviors
- Long-term Study Behaviors
- Academic Confidence
WHO CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND MY SBI RESULTS AND IMPROVE MY LEARNING STRATEGIES AND STUDY HABITS?
- Your academic counselor will perform a detailed interpretation of your SBI results in an appointment and will specifically recommend campus services and resources as well as your plan of action that will guide you toward academic success.