Download Word document:
- Blue List 2016-2017 (link to Word document)
Current Governance committee membership composition, meeting time, location.
Updated October 13, 2016
Please note that certain committees meet during intersession.
WHAT IS THE BLUE LIST?
The Blue List is a complete list of all governance committees of GCC. Information provided on this list includes: the meeting date, time and location; mission statement; the list of voting representatives from each of the constituencies and non-voting “resource” members; and an email link to each committee chairperson.
A bit of GCC trivia: The list of governance committees was typed on blue paper, thus the “Blue List”, then it was tacked onto a bulletin board.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
Membership via Appointment
Members of governance committees are appointed by the executive committee representing the following constituencies:
• Academic Senate
• Guild - faculty union
• “Joint Faculty” appointments by mutual agreement of the Academic Senate and Guild
• “CSEA” Classified staff appointments by the CSEA – staff union
• “Administration” and “Manager/Confidential” appointments by the Superintendent/President in consultation with area administrator
• “ASGCC” appointments by the Associate Student Government
To volunteer contact the governance office.
HOW LONG WILL I SERVE?
Appointing agencies may determine terms other than 4-year or 2-year terms.
4-year appointment terms:
• Academic Senate
• “Joint Faculty” are appointed jointly by the Academic Senate and the Guild.
• “Administration” and “Manager/Confidential” seats.
2-year appointment terms: CSEA appointments
ASGCC appointments change each semester dependent upon student’s schedules.
Please note that positions in the following categories do not have a term of service: “ASGCC, Minutes Recorder and Resource.” “Division Chairs” may have a term where applicable.
Questions or updates contact: Frankie Strong (firstname.lastname@example.org)