Online International Application
Complete/Submit for GCC ID#
Tuition/Fees & Academic Majors (PDF)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE LINKING TO THE "ONLINE" APPLICATION, PLEASE USE THE PDF "FILLABLE" APPLICATION FORM FOR NOW; THEN ALSO SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO COMPLETE YOUR STUDENT APPLICATION. THANK YOU.
Dear International Student:
Complete & Submit the easy to use “Online” Application Form at: International Student Application for Admission Form. By submitting this Online Application Form, you will be entering your personal and academic information into a secure Web site database. When your Application File is complete and you are officially "Accepted" to the College, you will be issued your Glendale Student ID# for future class registration. [Refer to the "Checklist" of Instructions to complete your Application File for successful & timely admission to GCC.]
We appreciate your interest in Glendale Community College and look forward to receiving your supporting documents to complete your student file for admission and full-time enrollment.
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (California)
International Student Office
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208-2894 USA
Phone: 1+ (818) 240-1000 , Ext. 5439 or 6645
FAX: 1+ (818) 240-1345
* E-mail: email@example.com
APPLICATION "CHECKLIST" INSTRUCTIONS:
I. Applicants Overseas
The following documents are necessary to complete your file for review, Acceptance Letter, and the SEVIS immigration Form I-20. You can then apply for the F-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your home country, or nearest location.
- International Student Application Form ("Online Form" or PDF "fillable" Forms).
- Application Processing Fee of US $60.00 (payable to: “Glendale Community College” in the form of bank check, certified money order/bank draft, or credit card -- refer to "Credit Card Authorization Form," in PDF format to download). [Note: this App. Fee cannot be "waived."]
- Official transcripts/academic records (grades from High School/Secondary School and Diploma, or any college/university attended; minimum of "C" or 2.0 grade point average -- if transferring from U.S. accredited institution). [If the original documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required.]
- Official TOEFL score (iBT min. 45-46); IELTS "Academic" (min. 4.5 to 5.0 'band score'); STEP EIKEN min. "Level 2" or Cambridge English Advanced (new format) score of 154. [Not required if English is first language or language of instruction in High School or College.]
- "Credit ESL/English" Conditional Admission Letter is available without TOEFL or IELTS. Check box on "Online" Application or PDF Application Form.
- Affidavit of Support Form and official Bank Statement (or equivalent bank letter);
TOTAL COSTS = $20,500 (Academic Year 2015-16). Costs subject to annual change.
[NOTE: If arriving with dependent, or spouse on "F-2 visa," additional $5,000 is needed].
The following documents should also be included with your Application Forms:
- Applicant’s Personal Essay -- education major & career goals (at least one page).
- Photograph (passport-size picture), along with copy of your Passport (name page).
II. Applicants currently in the U.S.
In addition to the above items listed for “Applicants Overseas,” the following documents are needed for students currently in the U.S. before registering for classes.
- "Transfer Eligibility Form" (from current language school, college or university).
[F-1 visa students with current/valid SEVIS Form I-20].
NOTE: If you intend to Transfer, and will be declared "out of status" by your previous
Institutuion, You Need to Apply Before the Semester "Deadline" dates below.
- Immigration/Travel Documents:
a. Copy of Passport
b. Copy of Visa Page
c. Copy of I-94 (Arrival/Departure Card; or Electronic Version of I-94)
d. Copy of current SEVIS Form I-20
III. Academic Calendar & Recommended Deadlines: Glendale Community College offers flexible enrollment periods each calendar year. All International students are eligible to enroll for the Two Semesters; the short-term "Sessions" have limited class scheduling and are best designed for those students already in the U.S. transferring to GCC on the F-1 student visa.
- FALL SEMESTER = 16 weeks -- (FALL 2015 begins August 31; ends Dec. 16)
- Winter 'Session' = 6 weeks -- [Winter 2016: Jan. 4 to Feb.11]
- SPRING SEMESTER = 16 weeks -- (SPRING 2016 begins Feb. 16; ends June 8)
- Summer Session -- [Summer 2016: begins June 20]
Overseas-based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: July 1
- SPRING SEMESTER: December 1
U.S.--based Student Application Deadlines:
- FALL SEMESTER: August 1
- Winter Session: Monday, Dec. 1
- SPRING SEMESTER: January 10
- Summer Session: May 15
* All submitted documentation becomes the property of GCC International Student Office and cannot be returned. You can submit "certified copies" of your original documents. Thank You -- for your interest in Glendale Community College.