MONDAY –DECEMBER 9, 2013
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. Career Center, San Rafael Building. 10 a.m. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* NICOTINE ANONYMOUS GROUP MEETING. CR 231. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. For information contact Jessica Gillooly at ext. 5471. Sponsored by GCC Alcohol/Drug Studies Program.
* AFTERNOON WITH THE STARS: “What Can I See in the Sky Tonight?” Planetarium. 12:30 to 1 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Proofreading.” AD 232. 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
* GUITAR RECITAL. Program features classical and jazz guitar students performing along with the GCC Jazz Guitar Ensemble. AU 211. 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
TUESDAY- DECEMBER 10, 2013
* HEALTH CENTER PRESENTATION: Rebecca Bedient, Cal Poly Pomona dietary intern, will give a presentation on how to boost brain function with food. Samples will be provided. SR 115. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Avoiding Vague Language.” AD 232. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* CHAMBER MUSIC RECITAL. Program features ensembles from the chamber music class. Glendale Public Library, 222 E. Harvard St. 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
WEDNESDAY-DECEMBER 11, 2013
* FINAL EXAMS FOR THE FALL SEMESTER through Dec. 18.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Outlining and Essay Structure.” AD 232. 4 to 5 p.m.
THURSDAY –DECEMBER 12, 2013
* ASA MEETING. LB 220. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
FRIDAY –DECEMBER 13, 2013
* WOMEN'S BASKETBALL at San Diego City Tournament through Sunday.
* MEN'S BASKETBALL at Cerritos. Time TBA.
* FACULTY/ALUMNI DANCE CONCERT. Auditorium. 8 p.m. Dancers are GCC students with choreography by faculty, alumni, students and guests. No children under 5 admitted. Free admission.
SATURDAY –DECEMBER 14, 2013
* FACULTY/ALUMNI DANCE CONCERT. Auditorium. 2 and 8 p.m. Dancers are GCC students with choreography by faculty, alumni, students and guests. No children under 5 admitted. Free admission.
SUNDAY –DECEMBER 15, 2013
* GCC SWAP MEET. Upper campus lot. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free admission. For information call 818-240-1000, ext. 5805.
* FACULTY/ALUMNI DANCE CONCERT. Auditorium. 2 p.m. Dancers are GCC students with choreography by faculty, alumni, students and guests. No children under 5 admitted. Free admission.
* CONCERT SINGERS WINTER PERFORMANCE perform holiday favorites and other choral works led by Dr. Peter Green, director. St. Mark’s Church, 1020 N. Brand Blvd, Glendale. 4 p.m. Admission is $10 general and $7 for students and seniors. Call ext. 5622 for information.
DECEMBER LOT CLOSURES: Civic Auditorium parking structure will be closed from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight) on Dec. 5 and Dec. 12 and from 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight) on Dec. 31. Lot 31 will be closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 11.
UPSTAIRS CAFETERIA SPECIALS: Breakfast – Pumpkin Spice Pancakes now through 12/20/13. Lunch – Fish Tacos every Wednesday through 12/10/13. One fish taco $2.35 or two for $4.60 served in corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and diced tomato.