MONDAY –JUNE 1, 2015
* SALON READING of “The Government Inspector,” adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher from the original by Nikolai Gogol. The salon reading is not a performance, but a pre-production process to aid in casting and design of the show. Those interested in auditioning or working behind the scenes are encouraged to attend. Auditorium Studio Theatre. 4 to 6 p.m.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
TUESDAY- JUNE 2, 2015
* CHAMBER MUSIC RECITAL. Music performed by ensembles from the chamber music class. Coordinated by Gail Acosta. Auditorium room 211. 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
WEDNESDAY- JUNE 3, 2015
* FINAL EXAMS FOR SPRING SEMESTER through June 10.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Common Final.” 12 to 1:30 p.m. AS 103.
THURSDAY –JUNE 4, 2015
* CLASSIFIED COUNCIL PICNIC: All are welcome. Free lunch for members, $10 for non-members. Health Sciences Patio. 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. RSVP by June 2 at www.glendale.edu/picnicrsvp.
* AN AFTERNOON WITH THE STARS: Free planetarium show open to all. Planetarium. 12:30 to 1 p.m.
* ARMENIAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION: General meeting. LB 220. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* THEATRE GUILD MEETING: AU 201-B. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* VERDUGO FIRE ACADEMY information meeting. The meetings provide information about the academy and the application process. Aviation/Art Building, room 108. 7 to 8 p.m.
* CHAMBER JAZZ CONCERT led by music directors Chris Coulter and Cathlene Pineda. Auditorium. 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10 general, $7 students and seniors.
FRIDAY –JUNE 5, 2015
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Common Final.” 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. AS 103.
* MEDIA ARTS SHORT FILM SHOWCASE includes best-of-the-year films in drama, action and comedy from the editing, advanced cinematography, media streaming and live TV studio classes. SG 334. 11 a.m.
* FRIDAY FLIX! Film screening: “The Party” (1968). Mike Petros will facilitate a discussion after the film. SG 334. 12:30 p.m.
SATURDAY –JUNE 6, 2015
* SPRING CERAMICS SALE. Decorative and functional pieces made by students in stoneware, porcelain, majolica, raku and earthenware. Proceeds from the sale help fund equipment and supplies for the ceramics program. Student Center room 212. 1 to 5 p.m. Open to the public. Call ext. 3059 for information.
* VOCAL JAZZ CONCERT with the Vocal Jazz Ensemble led by director Clare Delto. Auditorium. 7:30 p.m. General admission is $10 and $7 for students and seniors.
SUNDAY –JUNE 7, 2015
* BIG BAD JAZZ BAND concert led by director Craig Kupka. Auditorium. 2 p.m. General admission is $10 and $7 for students and seniors.
* CONCERT SINGERS SPRING PERFORMANCE led by Dr. Peter Green. First United Methodist Church, 134 N. Kenwood St., Glendale. 4 p.m. Admission is $10 general and $7 for students and seniors. Call ext. 5622 for information.