MONDAY –MARCH 9, 2015
* MEN’S GOLF at Ventura College, River Ridge Golf Course. 11 a.m.
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. Career Center, San Rafael Building. 2 p.m. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “MLA Documentation.” AD 232. 3 to 4 p.m.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
TUESDAY- MARCH 10, 2015
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 10 a.m.
* VOLUNTEER FAIRE: Non-profit organizations will be at Plaza Vaquero from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to recruit students for various volunteer and service opportunities.
* SOFTBALL vs. Antelope Valley at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane.
1 and 3 p.m.
* MEN’S TENNIS at Bakersfield. 2 p.m.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Bakersfield at GCC. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL at L.A. Mission. 2:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Proofreading.” 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. “Keys to College Success.” 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. AD 232.
WEDNESDAY- MARCH 11, 2015
* WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH: Screening of “Generation M: Misogyny in Media and Culture.” CS 177. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Keys to College Success.” 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. “Avoiding Vague Language.” 2 to 3 p.m. AD 232.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 4 p.m.
* WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH: “Women in the Workplace” presented by Francien Rohrbacher and Bob Donaghy. AD 217. 6:55 p.m.
THURSDAY –MARCH 12, 2015
* VETERANS HEALTH AND INFORMATION FAIR: includes reps from L.A. County Dept. of Military and Veterans Services, VFW, YWCA, The Healing Room, Goodwill Veterans Employment. Plaza Vaquero. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* CSUN DAY sponsored by the Transfer Center. San Rafael Plaza. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH: “Women Speak Out, but What did They Demand? The Legacies of the Revolution.” LB 222. 10:45 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Advanced Factoring.” 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. AS 103.
* AN AFTERNOON WITH THE STARS: Free planetarium show open to all. Planetarium. 12:30 to 1 p.m.
* ARMENIAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION: General meeting. LB 220. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* THEATRE GUILD MEETING: AU 201-B. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “Quotation Integration.” AD 232. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 2 p.m.
* MEN’S TENNIS vs. L.A. Pierce at GCC. 2 p.m.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Santa Monica at GCC. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Citrus at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.
* SOFTBALL at L.A. Mission. 2:30 p.m.
FRIDAY –MARCH 13, 2015
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD Occidental Distance Carnival at Occidental College.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Problem Solving/Applications.” 10:30 to 12 p.m. AS 103.
* YOUTUBE WORKSHOP: “How to Set Up a YouTube Channel,” presented by Ryun Hovind of the Media Arts Dept. Open to all. Garfield Campus, MP 309. 12 to 2 p.m. Must have a Gmail account to participate.
* FRIDAY FLIX! Film screening: “The Kids are Alright” (2010). Mike Petros will facilitate a discussion after the film. SG 334. 12:30 p.m.
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. Career Center, San Rafael Building. 1 p.m. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* BASEBALL vs. L.A. Valley at Stengel Field. 2 p.m.
* CLASSIFIED COUNCIL GET MOVING SERIES: “Zumba with Suzy.” Dance Studio. 2:30 p.m.
SATURDAY –MARCH 14, 2015
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD at CSUN Invitational.
SUNDAY –MARCH 15, 2015
* GCC HILLTOP FLEA MARKET. Upper campus lot. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is $2 per car. For information call ext. 5805.
MARCH CITY LOT CLOSURES: Thursday, March 12: Garage Structure closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast). Friday, March 13: Lot 31 closed from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, March 19: Lot 31 closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 25: Lot 31 closed from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 20, 2015. The minimum requirements to apply for the GCC Scholarship: completed 12 units at GCC and have a GPA of 2.5 or higher. There are over 500 scholarships available. Apply for all of them by filling out one simple application. To apply for a scholarship, log into your MYGCC account and click "My Scholarship" and apply for the current year. After submitting the application, updates can be made using the same link.
ART GALLERY: “The Fifth Annual Architectural Student Projects Exhibition 2015” in the Art Gallery through March 26. Gallery hours are 12 to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday.
FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL is coming to GCC from March 27 to April 4, sponsored by the French Embassy and organized by the Foreign Languages Department. It will also include French cooking demonstrations on March 28 and April 4. All films will be shown in Kreider Hall, beginning with “The Women of the 6th Floor” on March 27 from 2 to 4 p.m.