THIS MONTH AT GCC
Through Sept. 10
* LATE REGISTRATION FOR FALL SEMESTER.
Through Sept. 23
* “ELASTIC FRINGE,” an evolving sculpture project by Tina Linville, in the GCC Art Gallery. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 12 to 4 p.m. Free admission. The gallery is located in the Library Building. www.glendale.edu/artgallery.
* AUDITIONS for the Theatre Arts Dept. fall production of George Brant’s “Elephant’s Graveyard.” Auditorium. 7 to 10 p.m. Call 818-240-1000, ext. 5618 or visit www.glendale.edu/theatre.
* MEN'S SOCCER at Santa Ana. 1 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL vs. Mt. SAC at GCC. 6 p.m.
* WOMEN'S GOLF vs. Desert at Indian Canyon Golf Course. 8:30 a.m.
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY at Mark Covert Classic at Carbon Canyon Park, Fullerton. 9 a.m.
* FOOTBALL vs. Golden West at GCC. 6 p.m.
* LABOR DAY HOLIDAY. College closed.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. L.A. Harbor at GCC. 7 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at Cerritos College Tournament.
* DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION for winter 2017 and be eligible for
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY at Fresno Invitational. 10 a.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. Moorpark at GCC. 5 p.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at El Camino Compton. 5 p.m.
* VERDUGO FIRE ACADEMY information meeting. The meetings provide information about the academy and the application process. Kreider Hall. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
* FOOTBALL at Southwestern. 6 p.m.
* FIRST SIX-WEEK CLASSES BEGIN.
* WOMEN'S GOLF at Santa Barbara Golf Club. 11 a.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER at Cypress. 3 p.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at Antelope Valley. 4 p.m.
* BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING. Kreider Hall. 5 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at Rancho Santiago. 6 p.m.
* VOLUNTEER FAIRE sponsored by the GCC Multicultural and Community Engagement Center. More than 20 non-profit organizations will be on campus to give students the opportunity to sign up for volunteer opportunities and service learning hours. Plaza Vaquero. 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at Mira Costa Quad.
* MEN'S SOCCER at Santa Barbara. 2 p.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at L.A. Harbor. 7 p.m.
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY at So Cal Preview, Irvine Park, Irvine. 9:30 a.m.
* ARTIST RECEPTION: A reception for artist Tina Linville and her work featured in the “Elastic Fringe” art exhibition. Art Gallery. 4 to 6 p.m. Free admission.
* FOOTBALL vs. Mt. San Jacinto at GCC. 6 p.m.
* GCC HILLTOP FLEA MARKET. Upper campus lot. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is $2 per vehicle. For information call 818-240-1000, ext. 5805.
* WOMEN'S GOLF vs. College of the Canyons at Elkins Ranch. 10 a.m.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at Pasadena. 3 p.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. East L.A. at GCC. 7 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at San Bernardino. 5 p.m.
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY at Golden West Invitational, Central Park, Huntington Beach. 8:15 a.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL Glendale College Quad at GCC. Time TBA.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER vs. Bakersfield at GCC. 5 p.m.
* MEN'S SOCCER vs. Pasadena at GCC. 7 p.m.
* FOOTBALL at L.A. Valley. 7 p.m.
* WOMEN'S GOLF at Morro Bay Tournament. 8:30 a.m.
* LOS ANGELES WRITERS READING SERIES: Author and Antioch University professor Bernadette Murphy. She will give a reading from her acclaimed memoir, “Harley and Me: Embracing Risk on the Road to a More Authentic Life.” Student Center. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m. Free admission.
* WOMEN'S SOCCER at Oxnard. 4 p.m.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL vs. L.A. Mission at GCC. 6 p.m.
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY WSC Preview Meet at Bakersfield.
* WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL at Ventura. 7 p.m.