Take some time to write out the answers to these questions. The better you understand yourself, the easier it will be to explain yourself to others.
- What is your disability? (ex. Learning Disability)
- What are your specific areas of difficulty? (ex. Auditory memory)
- How do these areas of difficulty impact your learning? In other words, what types of academic tasks are difficult for you? (ex. taking notes, math)
- What are your strengths and learning styles? (ex. Visual memory, visual learner)
- How can you use your strengths to compensate for your difficulties?
- What accommodations and learning strategies are effective in assisting your academic progress?
- What are your interests, goals, and aspirations?