he English Lab is a quiet computer lab where all students, not only those enrolled in English classes, can do research and complete assignments. We are here to help you, so If you are unfamiliar with computers or feel uncomfortable using them, please come by; our friendly and patient staff will be more than happy to be of assistance.
When you arrive at the door, you will be asked for your student ID #. Only students currently enrolled at GCC may use the English Lab.
The Lab is equipped with PCs
that have a standard installation of the following software:
- Microsoft Word will allow you to type your papers and edit them with an online spell-checker, grammar checker, as well as a dictionary and thesaurus.
- Excel, an industry standard spread sheet program, will help you produce professional-looking charts and diagrams.
- PowerPoint will help you create presentations. Professors frequently use PowerPoint for their class lectures.
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge will allow you to access the Internet.
- You may use the printer. There is a charge of 10 cents per printed page.
The English lab located on the second floor in the Administration building in room AD 238. please click on the Hours and Location tab for hours.
We hope to see you soon.