There are no formal policies at this time regarding the health or environmental impacts of foods provided on campus.
Suggestions from the Green Team include the creation of policies that:
- Increase the vegetarian and organic food options on campus.
- Encourage the purchase of locally produced foods.
- Reduce the amount of meat, especially cured meat, offered by campus eateries.
- Eliminate trans-fats from campus food offerings.
- Educate students, staff, and students about smart food choices.
- Eliminate the use of styrofoam on campus.
- Move the college to provide only Fair Trade Certified Organic coffees and chocolates.