2010 - 2011
English Common Final
SLOAC Data Management
Grading Rubric for ESL Level II
CR/NC ESL Articulation
Algebra Class Pilot
Math Common Final
Articulate CR and NC ESL
Developmental Skill Lab
Math Project with Career Counseling
Math At-Risk Intervention
The Math At-Risk Intervention program's main focus is to contact, advise and mentor the population of students considered "at-risk" in math basic skills classes. The intervention efforts of this program include informing at-risk students of campus resources, contacting and supporting struggling students, providing information and support regarding Math Division policies, reminding students of important dates, and mentoring 3rd attempt students.
For more information, please contact one of our Basic Skills Mathematics Achievement Coaches at firstname.lastname@example.org, (818) 240-1000 , ext. 5507, SG 370.
The Math Collaborative project is a partnership between faculty members of GCC, Burbank, Glendale, and Los Angeles Unified School Districts. The Collaborative’s goals are to:
- Enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Support alternative math courses for seniors who are not ready to continue in the traditional math sequence but wish to stay in a math class their senior year to retain the skills they have acquired.
- Increase the number of students who enter college with college-level math skills.
- Provide resources to help students make successful transitions from high school to college.
- Provide scholarships to qualifying seniors.
- Provide seniors with knowledge and awareness of the programs offered at Glendale College through field trips to the campus.
- Bring high school and college faculty together.
- Provide professional development for the high school instructors.
The Reading Café
Now that reading is a required course in Credit ESL, teachers would like to help diagnose their students' reading challenges. The Reading Café (next to the ESL Lab) has software to assist students in understanding their learning styles, and books with audio in 6 levels of comprehension to encourage students to read more for fun.
Link to the Reading Café to see a complete list of books and audio available to students.
Here is a detailed presentation about the Reading Café.