After you submit your UC Application

  • Print your receipt
    You'll want to keep a record of your application ID number and summary of your application for reference.
  • Watch for your application acknowledgment
    As soon as you submit your application, you'll receive an e-mail confirming it has been successfully filed. Four to five weeks later, you should get another acknowlegment from the UC Undergraduate Application Processing Service confirming your application and fees were received. If you do not receive this acknowledgment, contact the processing service at, 800-523-2048 (in California) or 925-808-2181 (outside California)
  • Update your application
    About five weeks after the application filing period ends, you must log in to your application at to provide your grades for the last completed term and update your planned coursework.
  • Order final transcripts
    If you are admitted for the fall term, you must arrange to have final offical transcripts sent to the campus admission office no later than July 1

    Before admittance, you do not need to send preliminary transcripts unless requested by a campus.         

Applying for Financial Aid

There’s money available to help you attend UC. If your family income is less than $80,000, the Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan will cover, at a minimum, your systemwide fees. Your family makes more? You may still be able to get other grants and scholarships. Even if you don’t think you’ll qualify, apply. It’s the only way to be considered for every type of aid possible, including low-interest student and parent loans.

Apply for aid between January 1 and March 2, 2016.
Here's how:

Submit a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available at  The California Dream Act Application is available at  you automatically will be considered for the Blue and Gold opportunity Plan if you submit the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, and the Cal Grant GPA Verification Form.

Submit your GPA for a Cal Grant. If you’re a California  resident embarking on your first bachelor’s degree, make sure your school-certified GPA is submitted to the California Student Aid Commission. California community colleges automatically submit their students’ GPAs. If this isn’t the case with your school, use the GPA Verification Form, which is available at (click on “Cal Grant GPA Forms” under “Quick Hits”).

Find out more about UC’s financial aid programs:

Last updated: 5/26/2015 11:53:17 AM