STEP 1: Complete and submit a GCC Admissions application.
- Click on "Apply and Register"
- Click on "Submit a GCC Application"
- Click on "Online Application"
- Read carefully before beginning application (listed at bottom of the page)
- Click on "Begin Application", and Create a New User
Students transferring from other colleges must have all official Transcripts sent to GCC's Admissions & Records Office.
STEP 2: Take the required placement test(s) in English, reading, and/or math:
- Call 818.240.1000, extension 5329, or in person at the Assessment center (SF 112)
Applicants must take GCC's placement test unlelss they have already completed transfer-level English and math classes. GCC does not accept placement results from other colleges.
STEP 3: Make an appointment with the Veteran's counselor
- Call 818.551.5118 or
email email@example.com (Please provide 4-5 possible appointment times for the upcoming week)
You must bring the following items to your appointment:
- Placement Test Scores
- Veterans Eligibility Letter
- Course Descriptions for all out-of-state college courses completed
STEP 4: See the A&R Veterans Clerk
Bring the following documents:
- Entitlement letter
- Fill out forms based on chapter 30, 31, 33, or 35
Register for classes:
- Register online, based on your registration date/time. Check your registration date through MyGCC. Make sure your enroll in the classes on your Student Educational Plan (SEP) provided by your Veterans counselor.
STEP 5: If fees are required, pay your fees online with a credit card (MasterCard, VISA) OR pay in person at the Student Fees Office, located in the lobby of the Administration building.
STEP 6: After you are fully registered (not on a wait list), return to see the Veterans Clerk in the Admissions& Records office. You will then begin to certify your units with the Veteran's Administration (VA).