The Business Division Internship program is for Glendale Community College Business Division Students who have completed significant coursework here at the college and require an internship for completion of their degree or certificate. For questions, please contact – Marianne Nikodem at email@example.com or ext. 5479.
(A) Your internship must be relevant to the BUSINESS Certificate/Degree you are receiving at GCC, for example if you are working towards a Medical Front Office Certificate, your internship must be with a professional medical office.
(B) Only Glendale Community College business students are eligible to enroll in BUSAD 050 or CABOT 050 for Internship credit
(C) GCC Business Students are eligible to enroll and complete the course only once.
If you meet the above requirements and before you come to the Internship Orientation, please perform these tasks:
Before your internship begins
1) You will need to find an internship, before you enroll for the class. Please visit the internship websites listed under Internships.
Credit Units / Hours Worked
You may earn 1 or 2 units of credit for this course. Per the Title V California Code of Educational Regulations for Community Colleges, credit is given for work experience as follows-
You must work:
1 Credit Unit
60 hours if unpaid
70 hours if paid
2 Credit Unit
120 hours if unpaid
150 hours if paid
1) Business Division students should enroll in either BUSAD Internship 050, or
CABOT Internship 050 depending on their certificate/degree.
2) Attend the Orientation Session at the beginning of the semester—date and time will be listed in the on-line schedule of classes at: http://secure.glendale.edu/schedules_ps/
At the Orientation, be prepared to provide the following:
a. Your Major/Certificate
b. Name of Company you will be Interning at
c. Name of Company Supervisor you will be working under
d. Phone/e-address of Supervisor
e. Business Card from your place of employment
f. Number of credit hours you plan to attain
g. Fill Out the following forms: (downloadable below)
i. Student Application
ii. Learning Objectives*
iii. Internship Agreement
These three (3) documents need to be filled out and
signed by the immediate supervisor/authority of the
organization to be added to the course immediately.
*Remember that learning objectives are not a listing of
your job description, but the knowledge and skills you hope
to gain during your Internship.
3) You will be assigned a Faculty Advisor at that time who will work with you to complete your Internship requirements.
4) Also download the following documents below to bring to the Orientation:
iv. Internship Syllabus
v. Time Sheet
vi. Internship Evaluation
Links to Internship Forms: