Founded in 1927, Glendale Community College (GCC) has come a long way from the small junior college that was part of Glendale Unified School District, to the impressive two-year public college with an enrollment of more than 40,000 students of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds and abilities.

1929-1937 Harvard Location
1929-1937 Harvard Location

1940s, Administration Building shot from Verdugo
1940s

GCC panorama shot, 1960s
1960s

Administration Building, front steps

Featuring distinctive Mediterranean architecture and a freeway-adjacent location in the beautiful Verdugo foothills, Glendale College has evolved through the decades into a dynamic institution of higher education with a 100-acre campus, 15 permanent buildings and untold opportunities for those who join the GCC family.

More GCC photos then and now >>

Last updated: 10/24/2012 10:58:12 AM