Emergency Evacuation Areas Map (pdf)
After evacuating a building or campus area you have the option to proceed to a designated evacuation area for any medical or additional assistance that you may require. Parking Lot F (north side of campus), Vaquero Plaza (center of campus), Sartoris Field (south side of campus), Life Skills, Lot B, and Lot D parking lots (east side of campus) are designated as the Emergency Evacuation Areas. After an emergency occurs emergency personnel may be sent to the six Emergency Evacuation Areas to assist you. One of the areas may be deemed a more suitable location than the others. If this is the case you will be escorted to the appropriate Emergency Evacuation Area.
- PARKING LOT F:
North Side of Campus; San Gabriel, Cimmarusti Science Center, Camino Real, Santa Barbara, Arroyo Seco, Santa Anita, Advanced Technology, Health Sciences and Technology buildings.
- VAQUERO PLAZA:
Center of Campus; Administration, Library, Student Center, Aviation Art, Sierra Madre, Los Robles, EOPS, Sierra Nevada, San Rafael buildings.
- SARTORIS FIELD:
South Side of Campus; Auditorium, San Fernando Complex, Verdugo Gym, Verdugo Gym Trailers.
- OUTER PARKING LOT B: East Side of Campus; Lot B/C Parking Structure.
- PARKING LOT D: East Side of Campus; Child Development Center building.
- LIFE SKILLS PARKING LOT: East Side of Campus; Life Skills building.
- GARFIELD AVE SIDEWALKS: Mariposa and Tropico buildings.
- GARFIELD AVE BETWEEN CHEVY CHASE DR AND ADAMS ST. The GCC Police will block access to the street. When this has been done, Garfield Ave will become an additional Emergency Evacuation Area.
- NORTHEAST CORNER OF ADAMS ST/ACACIA AVE: Parent Support Cen.
Professional Development Center
- SOUTH PARKING LOT: Parking lot adjacent to Broadview Drive.
Other Off-Campus Sites: Glendale Community College District sponsored activities at other approved sites or at other educational facilities will assemble in accordance with the established practice of each of the approved sites or educational facilities.