Project Goals and Objectives:
- Integration of email and calendar functions to provide calendaring using email and mobility.
- Provide single sign-on for email and calendaring functions.
- Functional on MS Windows and Apple iOS workstations.
- Facilitate mobility using common mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, Androids, etc.
April 2013 through June 2013 - will include:
- The necessary items have been purchased for systems requirements, licenses and implementation services.
- A project team is meeting and planning the details of the implementation and rollout.
- A project plan is being finalized.
June 2013 through December 2013 - will include:
- Web access to email and calendaring functions using Outlook Web Application (OWA).
- Mobile device access with email, calendars, contacts and tasks with update and sync capability.
- User videos and documentation available prior to the system going into production.
- Conversion of server-stored email into Exchange.
- Access to past emails using Eudora or Outlook for workstation-stored email.
- Availability of users to enter appointments into Exchange. Current appointment will require reentry.
- Decommissioning of current mail and calendaring systems.
- Deployment of Outlook client on workstation where needed or requested.
- Study use and need for other components of MS Exchange such as Instant Messaging.
Last updated: 11/8/2013 7:56:47 AM