Passkey is a computerized, self-paced program for math, reading, and writing. Math lessons and exercises start with basic counting and grouping and then progress to percentages, decimals, word problems, geometry, and algebra. Reading lessons and exercises begin with the most basic reading level, appropriate for lower level ESL students (e.g. distinguishing the words "cat" and "car") and advance to prefixes, suffixes, and roots; critical thinking skills; main ideas and supporting details; college-level vocabulary, and more. The writing program offers lessons on simple punctuation (periods and question marks), organization, and capitalization and progresses to more difficult tutorials on comma use, pronouns, verb errors, run-ons, dangling modifiers, more sophisticated sentence development, and more.
Passkey Login Procedures:
1. At the computer screen, double click on the Passkey icon. You will see:
2. In the First Name box, type only your First name followed by your class number. Make sure you leave no space between your first name and the class number.
For Example: Stella116.
3. Click in the Password box and type your student I.D. number.
4. Press the Enter key.
Note: If your teacher has not assigned lessons for your class, but you still want to practice the math, reading or writing exercises, you can log-in by typing the word student in the First Name and Password boxes. Results are not saved, but you can access all lessons.
You will see the screen below:
5. Click on either Reading or Writing depending on your class. You will see the following screen:
On this screen, you will see a list of lessons that have been assigned to you by your instructor.
6. Click on the lesson you wish to start and click on the green arrow.
7. When you are ready to leave, please make sure you click on the STOP button three times until you return to the sign-in screen.
8. Click on the QUIT button to close the program completely.
9. Do not forget to CHECK OUT and get your I.D. card.
PASSKEY SYMBOLS AND SCORING
- KEY AND CHECK MARK
This means you have passed. You will only pass if you receive a score 100% on the pre-test or 80% or higher on the post-test.
- CHECK MARK
This means you have not passed. You can attempt a lesson three times before the lesson is locked and must be reassigned. If your instructor wants you to pass all lessons, please ask the aide to reload the lesson so you can try again.
- YELLOW ARROW
Next time you come in, you can continue here. So, if you have to leave, please click on stop first. The lesson will be saved.
If you can’t find your lesson, it may be at the bottom of your list. Also, when you are ready to leave the lab, you must exit completely by clicking STOP three times until you return to the sign-in screen.
back to top